How to clear congested energy from the 7 Main Chakras
We can use Chakra energy to help us. For self practice “Breathing the Chakras” is a simple and easy to learn technique to clear stagnant or painful memories. Like respiration, think of each Chakra as an accordion gently working front and back. They can bring in new life force and release negative or stagnant energy into the field.
Imagine them to be your personal “emotional pollution” cleaning device.
1. Tune your mind to an issue that you would like to release, get comfortable with your feet on the floor. Lift your shoulders up to your ears and drop them down, rest your hands on your upper thighs and tune your mind to the problem you would like help with.
2. Give the problem a SUD (Subjective Unit of Distress) between 1-10. For example “this grief feels like an 8/10” and notice how you know that. Does it make your heart ache? Is it a tightness in your chest? A sinking feeling in your stomach? Heavy weight inside?
3. Placing your hand (or just your intention) at the Crown Chakra first, and ask yourself what is the positive state you would like instead of this loss/pain/grief? Make a note of the positive state you would like instead e.g. peace/calm/acceptance.
4. You have now identified the issue to shift (grief) and the state (peace) you would like to replace it with.
5. Next find a potent word to use – a word that has power to help you let go of this old energy. For example releasing, healing, shifting, processing, integrating etc
How to breathe the Chakras
1. Gently focus on the 7th Chakra and begin conscious breathing. You can touch the crown gently or place your hand above the head. Stay as long as you need to and breathe. Focus on receiving guidance and insight from above.
2. Next move to the forehead, notice or touch gently the 6th Chakra and tune into the presenting issue and breathe in and out, front and back, bringing in counter energy on the in-breath and releasing what you need to let go on the out breath.
3. Move your intention to the 5th Chakra at the whole throat area, working large, as there is often a lot stuck here. Breathing in and out of the Chakra, release outwards until you feel some movement, some release. Always releasing from both front and back using gentle breaths. Stay a little longer at this Chakra as there is so much complexity at the throat.
4. Now we move to the heart. The Fourth Chakra at the dip in sternum, move your attention to the epicentre of heart, gently holding this space and breath in and out of your heart releasing whatever needs to be released.
Pause here and ask for whatever you need to move on, to provide relief and freedom from that negative state, sad experience or painful cognition that you need to let go in order to transform. Gently ask your heart to bring you the answers you need. It will be the quiet, still voice inside.
5. Now move to the Third Chakra, the Solar Plexus at the budda belly, beginning to breath in and out of the belly from front to back, bringing new energy on the in breath and old energy to be carried out and beyond. Giving our egos a rest. Feel confident you can manifest what you need.
6. Next move to the second, Sacral Chakra the seat of our creativity and our right to thrive. Breath in and out, releasing whatever needs to be released whatever your attention carries it out to and whatever you need to release.
7. Finally move to the First Chakra, our root, our connection to mother earth. Here we breath down to the floor and front and back. This is your right to be here, to be good enough. Breath in and out releasing whatever is blocking that right for you, breathing in new energy. Breathing in and out of the core of the earth and bringing up the divine feminine, breathing it up and releasing to Mother Earth what doesn’t serve you.
You are setting the stage, clearing space to bring in new energy.
- Gently notice what you feel. There is no right or wrong answer.
- Notice where you are now and go back to your original SUD number.
- What is the number now? It is likely it will have dropped considerably.
- If it is still high repeat the releasing process until more comfortable.
Breathing in a new state
What do you want more of now? What do you want to bring in, in place of what you released? It may be different from what you noticed to begin with.
1. Notice what comes up? It may be a word, memory, a picture or a sound, and it will all be perfect.
2. Listen again for the quiet voice inside
3. NOW repeat the process, but this time starting at the bottom at the Root Chakra and work your way up the body.
4. Put your intention into breathing IN your positive new desired state
5. Gently breath through all the Chakras from the bottom to the top and let your breath bring the new state to you.
6. Instilling the new state at each Chakra and allowing another gentle pause at the Heart to listen and learn
Breathing the Chakras puts the wind beneath your wings to move you forward. It helps to strengthen manifestation and can truly help us navigate life with grace and ease